Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Thursday, May 13, 2004

Ok, I got some work done so now I get to rant. Yay! No more finals till Monday. Now all I have to do is get through my date with out cicades and life will be good. Hashem can you please hold them off, I really want to go miniature golfing. Anyway, tonight I babysat for two adorable children (neither of which were related to me, amazing isn't it). The boy who seemed to be about 16 months old was very clingy which was strange since I was the stranger (having never babysat for them before). For the longest time he would not go in the crib, everyvtime we came close he would grab on to me tighter and snuggle in to my chest. So after a few attempts (and a few minutes of screaming) I settled on the couch with him snuggled up against me. He put his head on my shoulder and began to drift off to sleep. I can't tell you how wonderful it felt to have a little body snuggled in tight against me and little blond curls against my cheek. I guess those maternal hormones kicked in cause I was ready to cry at the beauty of the moment.
Gosh sometimes life just kicks you in the gut and says wake up and live and today was just one of those days. The sun was shining, the cicades are only beginning their journey out, the words flowed on to the screen as I hurried to get my papers done. What more could a girl ask for?

1 Comments:

  • At 4:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh wow. Ashriyich that you can see the beauty of each and every moment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home