Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Cicadas

Yes, they have finally come out of their 17 year hibernation. Though they are not in their full glory in my area yet, it is only a matter of time. So what does this mean? For those of you lucky enough not to live in Maryland I will paint you a picture. You wake up get dressed donning your new sandals (with or with out stocking) open your door and realize that there is an extremely ugly red-eyed bug sitting right outside your door. Worse yet they litter the ground from this point well until you get in the next building. In some areas they already form a layer above the grass so that you can't even step around them. B"H we are not at that point yet. And no they are not small, and no you can not ignore them. They are here to stay,at least till they mate and die and their offspring burrow back in to the ground until 2021,when I will be far far away from here. Yes that will be a requirement for marriage, I can just picture it he (who ever he is) will ask me to marry him and I will say wait, first you have to promise me we won't be in Maryland in May 2021, oh and we need to take the subway when we are in NY (ok so I am rambling). Anyway,

So how am I celebrating this wonderful occasion you may ask. I am locking myself in my house and not stepping out until they are all gone (or when I have to leave for camp which ever comes first). Ok, so this is not an option but does anyone have a bee keeping suit they want to lend me.

If you are all bugged out and want to get away visit www.evanandjaron.com and listen to their newest song. I know I am from Atlanta and could boast that I know them, but I don't lie and I don't think meeting their kid sister once about ten years ago counts for anything. I love this song, yeah I know I should start listening to more Jewish music, but they are Jewish boys that has got to count for something.

Leave me a message if you don't want to sign up (I haven't figured out the whole comment thing yet) then leave an anonymous one and sign your name/screenname (if you want to). Just let me know what you think.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    5/30/04

    Flairrah honey: in response to your notes on the critters I thought I'd include something I cooked up in the wee a.m. Yes it’s serious drama- queenship and overspends the adjective. No, do not indulge in house brew con leche in the evening hours.

    Lest it be thought that the vivid, subtle, cathartic joys of writing were all but forgotten, I compose this; divestment only proved a thing’s worthiness to be reckoned with. “The best revenge is living well.” Reactive, albeit the most beneficial course of action to elect, to choose, to take no prisoners by except captives of living’s rapture.

    ***
    Nature note for the class of ‘04:

    Seventeen years in the making, the cicadas creak; sputtering buzz. Emit hot squawks of indignation where their pubescent conquests are inhibited by passersby. That drive to a scattered exodus and subsequent molting leered gross and remarkably indefinable in the half-moon light. Exoskeletal husks now gather in the tree hollows and sidewalk cracks, in the observer’s understanding of transformative motions such as college graduation.

    This May bagpipes sighed, songed and the insect whir undulated in rounds as we shed shells, turned tassels, arched back wet wings; both young and adult, our bumbled flight improves daily.

    Robin twitters are accompanied: the swarms commence their call of the wild/released letter to the world/”hey baby, hey baby, hey baby, hey baby” a million-fold.* Phenomenal, in a pitch only hormonal urgency and a genuine sight of the future could inspire. Perhaps it is similar necessity (for meaningful procedure as biological clocks tick tick) that devises this parallel.

    The span of my formal schooling matches those stages of hatching masses. Years of tended development precede these heaving changes; (then formative, now ripe). Our age accelerates with flurried to and fro migrations that now fill wider corridors. Well-informed and coughed up by fertile ground, have we ample vision for what arrives beyond the present? We are not merely “the educated creature.” We are created to learn, ones whose metamorphic cycles are as discreet and numerous, huger than seconds in a day. Expressed, but not captured in ceremony, with studied experience and choice our time is granted wings to spread.

    *quote Chana E.

    loving,
    bisseljoi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home