Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

So scared

I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who I haven't spoken to in a while. She filled me in on her life over the past few months and I was shocked to find out that she just ended a two month relationship (hey in the frum world that is big). I was not shocked that she had the relationship or that she did not tell me about it. I was shocked at why she ended it. She said she knew he was the one, until all of the sudden he changed. He became pushy and controlling in a matter of days. B"H, she took this as a sign and got out of the relationship. She says she cries every time she thinks that she could have married him before he showed his true colors and you know what I know that kind of fear. Even if I have never dated anyone like this, I know how it feels to have that danger hanging over my head. We all do, we have heard the stories, we have seen the divorces. I would be lying if I said I didn't fear abuse, that I don't fear marrying someone who is hiding something from me. I know that there is some amazing guy picked out for me (I have to believe that) and yet I fear ending up in an abuse, or just failed marriage. I come from a long line of happy marriages (my great grandparents were married 72 years when my great grandfather passed away). I grew up surrounded by loving couples, people who were in real but beautiful relationships. Yet the fear lingers and it will until prince charming (through and through) sweeps me off my feet, and shows me that one can live happily ever after even a week after the fairy tale ending.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:05 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    I know marriage is hard, don't get me wrong. Just becuase I have seen so many great marriages does not mean that any of them did not have rough patches. Life is hard, sharing your life with others is hard, but this is not what I am scared of. I am scared of abuse, subtle or outright. I know it is more common then people let on and I know that it is less common then I probably believe at this moment, yet it is still there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home