Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Looking through someone else's eyes

I finally got the go ahead to write a paper (for that annoying class that I joined two weeks ago) about Autistic children from a unique angle. I am going to attempt to get in to the head of my camper (who is severely autistic) and try to understand how she views the world (for more on her read my blogs from this summer). What is her reality? I can't wait. I have been doing a lot of reading up on Autism and I have even read some books written by Autistic people. It is a fascinating topic and I could not figure out how to mold it into a paper. After two weeks of banging my head against the wall and driving people crazy I came up with this new approach and now I have to go try and put it together. To be honest thought I am very scared. Because I know this can be a powerful, emotional piece if I pull it off and it can be just another college essay if I don't. Got to go back to working on it (and my other paper on Nonverbal communication-another fascinating topic) but I just wanted to share, don't ask me why. Ok, shoo go back to your own lives now. But don't forget to leave a message on the way out.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    I'm fascinated...I kinda wanna see it when it's done..

     
  • At 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow, sounds fascinating!

     
  • At 10:36 AM, Blogger Jonah said…

    Try not to invade your camper's world in the process- people studying autists can be really invasive.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home