Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Sunday, October 31, 2004

Tanta Dis

Tanta Dis (or this), as I am so fondly referred to, is requested at Ephriam's house of shabbos. And I do hope that I will make it, I mean how can one turn down such an offer. I truly believe that nephews (and perhaps nieces) are a special reward for some good deed. So I must have done something right. Today was a day I could live again, the weather was beautiful, I shared in a simcha and got to hang with my Avi.
As the fall surrounds us and reminds us of the winter to come, I find myself hanging on to each drop of sunlight, drinking it in for the dark months that are on their way. Yesterday, I watched some kids playing in the leaves that now litter the ground in great piles. It was like a scene in a movie, the leaves flying, the kids smiling and yelling and the sun setting. I love the snapshots the fall leaves imprinted in my head. Don't ask what is bringing on this sappy side of me, cause I don't have a good answer. Though it could have been the letter in the Friday mail, telling me that I will be graduating Dec 23 (just in time for the holidays), who knows, but I don't second guess wonderful emotions, it isn't worth it.
I am so excited for next Sunday, for not only is it my birthday but also my chani's bas mitzvah (as I have mentioned about 100 times) which means another excuse to visit Ny and my campers. What more could a girl ask for on her birthday. Well, actually I wouldn't mind diamonds, but I will settle for a smile from my girls (for now that is). Ok, here is the question of the week, do I keep my hair curly or straighten it for the Bas Mitzvah? Think about it and leave the answer in your message.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Second that motion! CURLY!!

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    BTW, you inspired me...(I actually blogged more than once in seven days! ;) )

     

Post a Comment

<< Home