Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, November 10, 2004

A fit of passionate dislike

Disclaimer: I hate the word hate, but this is what I was feeling (maybe not hate but passionatly dislike isn't poetic). I am not sharing this so that you can all send me virtual hugs or words of sympathy. I am sharing this because I know I am not alone and that I am not the only one with these emotions at random moments in thier lives. On this blog, I share my unexplainable feelings of joy and sometimes my unexplainable feelings of sadness. I feel deeply, this is my writer's curse and blessing.
Untitled
I hate the games
I hate the hope that dies so quickly
I hate the hating myself and feeling inadequate
I hate the wanting and the waiting
I hate the jealousy that I try not to feel
I hate the “I wish I knew some one for you”s
I hate the “don't worry you will look back and laugh”s
I hate the “oh, I feel so bad for you”s
I hate the feeling that maybe if I lost weight I would be married
I hate the fact that my parents think every guy on earth is marriage material but won't help me find the guy that really is
I hate the fact that shadchanim gave up on me
I hate the awkward singles events that I went to and might go to in the future
I hate the lack of singles events in Baltimore
I hate the wishing that some guy would just show up and sweep me off my feet
I hate that it hurts me to be so left behind
I hate that I feel so left behind
I hate dating
I hate not dating
I hate the sympathy
I hate the obsession
I hate the endless list of possibilities that never end up working out
I hate the advice not asked for
I hate the assumptions
I hate hearing how wonderful I am
I hate hearing how much I have to work on
Yet most of all I hate the hating

2 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Shoshana said…

    I hear ya - I think you expressed my daily thoughts pretty well. I get really sick and tired of it all and just want to throw in the towel...but I don't want to also. It will happen, just don't let yourself get bitter.

     
  • At 5:12 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Don't worry I am not bitter, these are usually only fleeting thoughts, but as you know they come and go and usually hit when you least expect or need them. Tis life, we learn to cope.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home