Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Monday, November 08, 2004

My nephew sang happy birthday to me

Picture this, my chani (a slim, blond haired princess) sitting on the floor, her dress (one I could only envy- all satin, lace and petticoats) fluffed out around her struggling to get up and run across the room, as I sitting next to her (in an outfit not made for floor sitting, but definitely chani proof) hold her in place as not to disturb the pictures of her (and at one point me) that are being projected on to a large screen across the room. A screen, I might add, that she has no interest in looking at. I don't have any clue what had her attention (maybe the big empty space full of possible mischief or perhaps the table full of food directly behind the projection screen. Yet at one point she looked at me, eyes pleading, and then she resigned and gave me a smile. A Chani smile.
Though this would have been worth the trip alone, it was only part of the fun I had yesterday. Besides running in to some great friends I also got to see another camper, my Miri (a miniature, brunette Chani, with a little less attitude). At first she shied away a bit (perhaps she did not recognize me with straight hair), but after a moment she gave me a smile and cuddled into my lap. I got to feed her and walk around with her (her walking has improved so much she doesn't stop when you let go, it is amazing). Then we danced. I danced with Chani and Miri and Chani's mom (who gave me the biggest hug when she saw me), I twirled the girls in circles till they giggled.
Then we went over to the concert, a large production to honor all the Tafkid kids who were being bar or bas mitzvahed this year. There was another camper of mine being honored also. It was loud and crowded, but we enjoyed. I hung out with Chani and Miri a bit more, gave them last minute hugs and kisses (to hold me over till January) and got a ride back to the city mid concert. B"H I was an hour early for the bus, so I capped off my day with a visit to Sephoras (my most favoritest store ever), the new one, the one on fifth avenue. Talk about old fashioned elegance, this store used fifth avenue to its benefit.
As I got on to the bus and settled in to my seat I got a call. This is what I heard.
My older sister in the background: Happy
My nephew on the phone: Birthday
s: to
n: you
s:Happy
n: Birday (that is what it really sounded like)
s: to
n: tanta dis
s: happy
n: birthday you
It was the cutest thing ever and one of the best birthday presents I have ever gotten (the bear coming pretty close, my friends, thanks so much).
The ride home was uneventful, by ten I was home and soon after I was in bed, exhausted, but content.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:48 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Thanks! I'm enjoying getting my daily dose of smile from your blog! :) (And happy bday!)

     
  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mazel Tov! Wishing you a year of everything you wish for yourself!

    Precious nephews make life worth living, huh?

    -Chanie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home