Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Start Spreading the News

Ok, so my trip to Ny was successful B"H, nothing is finalized yet but I might get the job and I might have an apartment. To ifs but they aren't as big as they were when I left Baltimore the other day (what day is it today, I am totally thrown off). Anyway, things look good, still not counting them chickens but I did start counting the eggs (ok this metaphor has gone on too long right Leati?). One final and one paper before graduation. And hopefully only one more trip to Ny before "The Move". Well lets hope only one more trip cause I am broke and these trips are eating in to my rent money (anyone want to give me a loan?). Things are busy, my parents went out of town for a wedding I wanted to go to (going to the twin for shabbos) my grandparents are coming in on sunday, sheva brachas tuesday night, final wed., graduation thursday, party motzi shabbos and Ny on sunday. Insane? I think so. Guys, I think I am doing this and it is so scary. I have never been so scared in my life. This is huge for me and I know it will be amazing but gosh darn it, Ny scares me. Little apartments with no air and strangers as roommates scare me. Finding places to eat on shabbos when I don't even know the area, scares me. Not having internet access, freaks me out (and not cause I won't be able to blog, I might have to go get me a printed subway map and a phone book, yikes). Not having enough money to pay my first months rent scares me. But B"H if I look past the fear, there is excitement and intrigue. This is one big adventure and I am going to embrace it.

5 Comments:

  • At 8:46 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Wow, Pamello, liking you better and better-you know it from the S&G version or from the original? Either way...awesome song! ;)

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Oh-and congrats, Flairrah dear! Hope things continue uphill!! (Hey, while the mazal is coming, why not a few more things...;) )

     
  • At 11:41 AM, Blogger Keren Perles said…

    Hey Flairrah--If you need places to go for Shabbos, lemme know which part of NY you're staying in and what kind of Shabbosim you'd like (i.e. lotsa little kids, quiet sleepy Shabbos, girls our/your age, etc). I and some other pp on here might be able to give you a coupla ideas and/or phone numbers...

     
  • At 9:58 PM, Blogger TRW said…

    Oh, poor Pamello...It's a Simon and Garfunkel song, but I think Bob Dylan wrote it originally (Sorry, couldn't help it-I'm an official member of the S&G Club. Other similar clubs involve prune nooses, but that's a totally different story that I don't care to elaborate on...;)..ever!)

     
  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    TRW--there's a shaylah as to who wrote the venerable "The times They Are A-Changin"?!? Suffice it to say it’s not the only time our dear friend Paul Simon tips his hat to his favorite iconoclast.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home