Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Monday, October 11, 2004

Wonderful craziness, or just plain craziness.

My nephew is absolutely the most beautiful thing you have ever seen. He is just so adorable, I can't even tell you. He is the image of his older brother (guess that means he doesn't get his charm from my side of the family) and just so precious. Don't want to make you nauseous or anything, so I will stop. Yom Tov was nice but a little to crazy for me. I think I picked up some autistic tendencies from my kids, as much as I love people and excuses to socialize, to much stimuli has me running for peace and quite (and open space). This yom tov was a little over stimulating. Random people dropping by, little kids wrecking the house, long treks across town (in heels mind you), bees, sleeping in hospital overnight chairs (which was fun but there was not much sleeping involved), oh and bad hair days. In other words, I need a break from crazy three day Yom Tovs. No more big meals and crowded home gatherings (did I mention the bris is on wed.), no more heels and no more straightening my hair (to late for heels). I could use a break, a Baltimore break. A running after campers and actually seeing people my own age break. And camp is so far away.
All this is just exacerbated by the fact that dating is terrible and finding a job is worse. Both tasks which I find myself pursuing at the moment (both with little luck). Here is my take on dating at the moment. No Baltimore boys want to date me (their loss) or if not that then know of my existence (also their loss), so I have to date long distance (in other words new Yorker), this is quite difficult when I am in school full time and work weekends and just took off a bunch for yom tov. Now this is what I know is going to happen. Just watch, I would bet money if I had it. I will move to NY in January (G-d willing) and I will be in the middle of unpacking my winter clothes when I will get a call from a long lost friend in Baltimore. "Hey I was just thinking" she will say." There is this guy I just dated who would be perfect for you and guess what he lives right here in Baltimore." Just watch y'all, it will happen, I can feel it in my bones.
On top of all of this, I just got in to a class midsemester that I need to graduate and I need a good paper topic for Thursday. One that lends itself to an easy 10 pages, is interesting and easy to research. Any ideas. Leave them with your wonderful comments. Till Later...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:55 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    I already ordered my cap and gown.
    oh how i wish for the last first date. I dream of it actually (well not of the first date but whatever). I can't wait to hear the last I wish I knew someone for you or the last you need a really great guy. Cause you know what I don't need a really great guy, an average one will do. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home