Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The Light of the World is in Camp HASC

For color war two very talented people wrote a beautiful song for our team (Shalom) to the tune of Mama Rochel. After color war there was such a warm response to it that four boys got together, constructed a make shift recording studio in the gym and recorded it with only their voices and a guitar. They surprised everyone by playing it as the backdrop to the end of summer slide show. I think I cried, it was so beautiful. Well, being in camp forever gives me some benefits and I got a copy of the song. I wish I could share it is so stunning. Here is the corus:
As we say a pray now for peace
And turn our hearts up towards the east
We think of the peace that we found here
We found shalom
As we now reflect on times gone by
We feel our neshamos soaring high
The light of the world is in Camp HASC
Our summer home.

I think I have to go listen to it again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home