Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Still Holy

Camp is so awesome I can't even explain how wonderful it is. Amazingly I am already mourning the end which seems to be creeping up even though it is just less then a month away. My girls are precious and although the staff is really young this summer my co's are great and so sweet. I am learning so much (as I always do) about myself and my campers. I have one camper who is autistic and she is the toughest one I have had in a long time, but I love her and am learning how to break in to her world (even if just for a moment) and I tell you it is powerful. Today I learned that kids with autism pick up on your emotions even if you mask it really well. So tonight I was dealing with a difficult situation right before dinner and I got really tense, she must have picked up on it even though I was talking to her really calmly, so she began acting out. I continued talking quietly and firmly but I forced my body to totally relax draining all the tension out of me and she started to calm down almost immediately. It was so cool. I love what I learn here I feel that it really is preparing me for the rest of my life. Everyone here keeps saying that I will be a great mother and I really hope that the stuff I am picking up here will allow me to prove them right. I wish I could share the magic with you but it is so hard to even give you a glimpse of the smiles and laughter that fill my days or even the struggle and frustration that is mixed with the happiness. I hope you all are having a great summer. Ttyl.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Pamello, I only wish. Sasson, can't wait to see you too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home