Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Sunday, August 29, 2004

The dawn of a new year

So I am hating the whole dating scene (or lack there of) but I am being positive. A new year is upon us and I am willing and ready to make the most of it. As my mother said to me when I complained of possiably being the latest to be wed (my older sister got engaged three months after her 23 birthday and my 23 birthday is creeping up) Flairrah, Daven!! (ok well she didn't say flairrah but you get the point). So that is what I am going to do. I am going to make this Elul and Tishri really count. I am going to pull myself together and really lay my soul on the line. yeah I know it may not come this year and I won't daven that it will cause I don't want what is not meant to be. But I will appeal my case before the Master of the Universe and hope that what I want is what He has planned. Oy, I sound looney.
Children, my 23 birthday is a little over two months away and I feel like I should be turning 13 instead of 23, I mean 23 is old and I am not old. I am young I tell you, no wrinkles here, no creaky bones or dampened spirits (well unless you got some godiva liquor now that is good stuff). I am young, vibrant, well preserved and in better shape then I have been in years (or at least I am getting there). So this year I celebrate who I have become instead of feeling for where I thought I would be (not that I usually celebrate my birthday, actually I hate my birthday but that is for another blog). This year is going to be wonderful, I can feel it, who knows what is in store.
P.S. glad to know I have more then two readers. Keep the comments coming, they brighten my day.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Continue to celebrate all that you have accomplished this past year (in developing your sense of self)and as they say in Yeshiva, Keep Shteiging!!

     
  • At 1:52 PM, Blogger Shoshana said…

    Hashem knows what he is doing, and take it from me, 23 is not old! Make the most of the time you have before you marry to become the best you can be, and I really think it will make your years in marriage that much better!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home