Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Blog, blog, blog

Ok children I just had the sudden urge to blog, so give me a moment to figure out what the heck I am going to blog about.....hmm...ok...no never mind.....hmmm.....ok that could work but y'all really don't want to hear about my dating life (or lack there of)or my summer plans or how strange it is that people all over the globe play a Jewish Geography....Ok, school it is. So I am planning on graduating in the fall (as was mentioned before) but my whole schedule conflict kind of brought all the other things I need to do before I graduate to the front of my consciousness. So last night at one or two when I should have been sleeping or at least prepping for work today, I was sitting at my computer and figuring out what had to be done when and what had to be paid to whom. Tons of fun I tell you. Then there is graduate school to look into and the whole to go or not to go issue arose. Which is always coupled with the to move or not to move question. Ok with a raise of hands tell me should I move to NY or not. Ok thank you hands down now. Anyway, I am sitting on my bed trying to make decisions at some crazy hour and I realized that none of these decisions can be made at the moment and camp is only two weeks away and if I don't start planning I am not going to end up there. Oy.
On a totally different note, I went to visit my mother today in the hospital (B"H she is doing great and should be coming home tom.) and learned a new truism (sorry to bring up dating and camp after I said I wouldn't) a mother of daughter in the parsha is first and foremost just that. I told her that I did not know if I could come home between orientation and camp for my friends wedding bec. the traveling back and forth is crazy, expensive and going to be cutting it close timewise. Thinking that she would say ok well then I guess it just can't be or well that would be sad cause she is a good friend of yours, I was extremely surprised when she said "but you said she was going to introduce you to a boy at the wedding you have to go". Whoa I must say I was totally floored, I mean there was a time in my life when my mother was scared that I would get married (like the entire year after my two sisters got married 10 months apart) then there was the time period when it just didn't matter if I dated or not cause well they had grandchildren and what's another son-in-law anyway. Now, though, it is like dating is a necessity, I have to be looking in to someone or I am wasting time. I mean when did I get so old and moldy and desperate (Chas V'Shalom). I mean don't get me wrong I want to be married and it would be nice to at least be dating but gosh just cause boys two and three years younger then me are getting engaged does not mean that I am going to end up an old maid. Hey the fad is to date younger anyway so maybe I am just looking in the wrong age range (anyone know any 19 year olds).Hey maybe I am still single cause my bashert is still in high school (shudder).
So basically I am sitting in my bed at 12:02 am trying to plot out the next 12 months of my life and solve my dating problems all before tomorrow. Oh wait it is 2 minutes two late for that.
Children, does it ever get any easier? I doubt it, the rest of our lives is spent dealing with the little things and making those tough decisions that no one can make for us. Gosh I wish I could say that even with all this buzzing around in my head I was able to stop and enjoy the sunshine today. But you know what I didn't. I don't think I even really was all there for the two hours I spent with my nephew (who by the way is the most adorable thing ever-well one of the most at least). So sad a wasted day, I have to many of those.....

4 Comments:

  • At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    One day at a time, you are not in charge of your life.

    You do yours and leave the rest up to the Master.

    :o) All the best and remember a day visiting the sick, honoring one's parent(s), playing with your nephew, and, most importantly, blogging (:-P) etc. is never a wasted day.

    Pamello

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW: Whats with this 'children' are your readers your kids? Or are you teaching us Torah and therefore it is as though u gave birth to us :-P

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, Flairrah-wassup wit da lanwedge? How's yo momma doin'? Yo offta camp awredy? Crazzy, man, how yo jest flyin' aroun' li' dat! Yo betta coam bak to mee' dat boy, yo hea' me? If yo marry him den won' ichall be wort' it?!? An' yo nephuse are da ceutest, yo tellin' da trut' yo! Yo be in touch, yo hea' me? I'm missin' yo!
    ~Sass

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Pamello, I call everyone children it is just how I talk so why should I be diff. online. Don't mean to offend it just comes more naturally then people or guys or whatever. I was waiting for someone to pick up on that though.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home