Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

If Only Barnes & Noble Sold Flip Flops

On Sunday (my last day at Gesher LaTorah- a special ed. Sunday school)one of the parents gave me a gift certificate to Barnes & Noble. I was so excited because I really need books to take to camp with me and since I usually go through about seven a week and I will be spending seven weeks in camp with out a library any books I can bring with me are great. So I went online and started looking through some sale books by my fav. authors. After checking out two books, I realized that with shipping and handling two books were all I could afford with a $15 gift card. Right before I clicked on proceed to check out a free shipping offer on the top of the screen caught my eye. It said Free Shipping with Purchase of $25 or more. Almost dismissing it my brain began to work frantically (so if I purchase another $10 worth of books I can get five books instead of two with the money I save on shipping...) Then I realized that I had an old B&N gift card in my wallet that I think still had money on it. I was so excited I pulled it out and check the balance online. 10 bucks left, amazing, I could now get $25 worth of books with out worrying about shipping. So I go shopping and pull up 5 great books (at least I hope) I go to check out and just my luck, the total was 24.09 (I do not jest).

B&N sells nothing for a dollar so I knew that if I did not get another book I would be paying the same price for shipping and handling so why not grab another book and get the free s & h. A half an hour later I had my sixth book picked out which brought my total to $29 and change. Ok, I could handle five bucks for six books. I finally get to proceed with check out and I am ecstatic. That is until I see the little note at the bottom of the page.

The note reads: (ok this is somewhat like what it reads)
Your gift card has be used for this your order, remember only one gift card can be used at a time.
So children, I was back to square one and besides that the gift card they have down to use is the $10 one and there does not seem to be a way to switch the two cards so that at least I can use the 15 dollar one. Oy!

Tonight I get to call my campers' parents, I can't wait. Then I guess I will hit B & N again and see if I can figure out how I want to proceed. I mean I would go to the store but the real sales are online. sheesh.

Oh yeah and I really need flip-flops, well actually I need a lot more then that before I leave for camp next week. Got to go shopping and then start packing but I am just not in the mood. Maybe tomorrow.

7 Comments:

  • At 9:08 PM, Blogger Natan said…

    That reminds me, I have to start thinking about what I'm going to bring to camp and what I'm going to need. Aishel Rocks!

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    I don't want this to begin a whole debate but even with your wonderful taste (not drinking diet pepsi and all) I am sure you realize Camp HASC rules over any camp any day. Though I will conceed that Aishel prob. comes in pretty close.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Natan said…

    Yes, but people who go to aishel know that its spelled 'concede,' not conceed. Hence, aishel rocks.

     
  • At 10:38 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    You know what so I can't spell at least I can draw letters on to t-shirts at three in the morning. Some of us (not to point fingers or anything) can only color. So there.

     
  • At 1:09 AM, Blogger Natan said…

    Good point, good point. But at least I managed to color within the lines at three in the morning, pretty impressive for a guy!

     
  • At 10:18 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Ok, fine truce but first I must point out the quality indviduals that you know who will be working in HASC this summer (besides lil ole me of course). I mean they might not know people's names or tell complete stories of interesting incidents (you know I was trying to help) but they still are unique and colorful (in a good way, think pink) people. So HASC still rocks. Though you got some great campers so, well fine, I did say I would call a truce....so it ends here.

     
  • At 8:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :roll eyes: When's the wedding?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home