Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

The Sound of Silence

It occurred to me the other day that silence had finally come to Baltimore. Ok, so it isn't exactly silent but the noise level has been brought down a whole lot thanks to the timely death of the cicadas. Yes I did not miss a day of the buggers, ok not true I missed out on one weekend but since they are gone we must not think on them any longer. Actually, before I banish them from my thoughts completely, I must say that they were not nearly as terrible as I had been told that they would be. B"H they are gone just in time for me to leave which is what I will be doing this Thursday. Of course when I go to NY it can't be simple. I am actually going in to Manhattan Thursday only to leave for the mountains on Friday morning. Then I will be returning to Manhattan on Sunday only to leave for Baltimore on Monday morning. Then back to Manhattan on Monday night or Tuesday morning only to go to Brooklyn Wednesday morning then off the mountains once again. B"H at that point I should be staying in the mountains for a good six, seven weeks (except for days off of course at which time I have no clue where I will be). Got to keep things lively it keeps my mind busy as well as my feet, always important.

This shabbos was quite interesting we had the newly weds (of almost two years, wow how time flies), the old married couple (of 30 years, Mazel Tov Ema and Abba on your anniversary) and well, the older married couple (50+ years). I hope that good marriages run in the family...and of course my nephew comes with the young married couple (I wouldn't have it any other way). He is just adorable, he is walking all over the place and watching him eat a cupcake is enough entertainment for anyone. Of course when he was covered in icing my sister brought him over to give his tanta a huge hug and kiss. I still have frosting in my hair (at least it was pink). Sasson, I blaming that one on you for as you know he is all your fault.
Ok, my brain is done for the night...stay tuned for more excitement tomorrow.....

1 Comments:

  • At 8:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoy the catskills, maybe i'll run into you :-D
    I decided i had to empathise with my Baltimoron roomate and friends, and now whenever i get text messages, my phone chirps like cicadas... my parents who lived in Balt during the last 'plague' of cicadas can't stand it :) ~Blodini

     

Post a Comment

<< Home