Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Monday, June 28, 2004

Greetings from NYC

I am now vegging in my sister's apartment in Queen's. Enjoying my freedom between orientation (which was a blast) and camp (which is in two days). Tomorrow I am going in to Manhattan to hang out with my friend who lives on the lower east side,then I am sleeping over by her and the two of us are going to make the journey the next morning to the bus so that I can go up to camp with my campers. She is actually a friend of mine from camp but is now married so she is just coming to see her old campers and their parents. It is nice though to have a partner on the subway so I don't have to stare at the black windows for the forty five minute trip in to Brooklyn.

So shabbos in camp with out the campers was interesting to say the least. I mean this orientation over shabbos thing has been going on for the past few summers, but every year I forget how strange it is. The new counselors are young and the returning counselors are few and far between but all in all it seems like a cute bunch. I tell you 1985 was a good year cause these rookies are stunning. Not only the girls (thought they are better looking then the boys) but we have so really cute guys also (I can say this since I am old enough to be their mothers-ok older sisters). It is a rather good looking bunch I must say, can't wait till they learn they can't wear the pencil thin heels (the girls) and the good pants (the guys). I can almost picture half of them saying (on a regular basis), I can't do that it is too messy. Well children, camp HASC is all about getting messy so they are in for a big surprise.

My co's are awesome, I can't wait to start working with them and although I have mostly new campers I feel almost prepared to jump right in to camp with them. I am missing my fav and only returning camper, she is why I am coming back to camp and I miss her like crazy. I can't wait for another full summer of drool, hair pulling and being dragged through boys campus (ok that part isn't so bad, jk). It looks like it is going to be an amazing 49 (don't worry someone else counted not me) days and hopefully next summer I will be too busy to go back, so I am going to make this summer count. Hope you all have a wonderful summer and check out once and a while for cute stories about my darling girls.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have a great time!! Don't update too often cuz I won't even be here to read. ;) I'll be in a faaaaarrr away camp. Enjoy! ~Chanie

     
  • At 9:28 PM, Blogger Natan said…

    There's only one thing I ask of you regarding Camp HASC this summer. Do not, I repeat, do NOT let Chaim sleep in your bed.

    That said, I'm going to run and hide before I get bopped on the head.

     
  • At 1:23 AM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Aish, all I have to say is that is so wrong. Yet Yehuda said the same thing the first day at camp. I know you won't be reading this for a month or so, yet beware a women's wrath is nothing to mess with. We wear heels.

     
  • At 10:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Aishel is in BIG trouble. Funny but in mortal danger. I did notice that non of you attended the monumental event (my wedding). That's ok because I had a great time anyway. I am still inviting you for Shabbos when you come home.

     
  • At 12:58 AM, Blogger flairrah said…

    T, I love you and am so sorry I missed the wedding, can't wait to come for a meal but no pressure enjoy Shana Alef and I can pronouce your last name so don't worry. Yup Aishel needs to do major machela but the irony of it all is that he has no idea about my responce as of now. I am glad your wedding was awesome and am so sorry I missed it I really wanted to be there and told others to send my regards but they missed it too. Love you tons hope you are still reading.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home