Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Monday, July 05, 2004

Oh Chani I'm So Tired

Today is my day off from camp, Actually, Wednesday was supposed to be but I had a funeral to attend today in NJ so I skipped out a few days early.

Camp is amazing. My new kids are wonderful and so sweet. We have some difficult behavior that we have to deal with but they are so absolutely adorable at the end of the day after the scratches start to fade and the bruises begin to change color you just want to pull them in to your lap and kiss and cuddle till they begin to giggle. Still at the end of the day all I want to do is crawl in to my bed and sleep for a few days. I think at this point I am running on adrenaline that better not run out with in the next six weeks.
Gosh I love camp, it is hard to explain to a non HASCer (or someone who has never worked in a camp like HASC) what it's magic is all about. I tried to tell my family today about my new campers and the enthusiasm I felt was lost on them, they could not comprehend why I was so excited about new campers who ran me around all day.
When I talk about HASC I get three reactions:
1) You are crazy to spend your entire summer doing slave labor
2) You are the most wonderful person in the world to work in such a camp
3) Enough already if I hear about this place one more time I will kill you.
Now, I doubt I will marry a guy in special ed. (specially not a guy who works at HASC)ok so the possibility exists but it is not a priority by far. Still, I went out with a guy once who had experience in the field and it was so refreshing to meet a guy who knew that I wasn't crazy or amazing or obsessive. He knew why I talked so much about my girls and why I felt the need to work in such a setting. He understood what I got out of the summers I spent in HASC and how I became who I became through my work. It was so wonderful. Sorry for that little tidbit, I just had to mention something about dating just to stay consistent.

Now second order of business. It has come to my attention that in my absence and before his quick disappearance in to the unknown world of Aishel our dear friend by the same name left an interesting message on this wonderful site. Now with out getting in to some crazy explanations that may take a year, I just want to say that you must be careful as to whom you lend a hand (or in this case a bed) to, they may spread amusing rumors about you. Do me a favor never offer to move rooms in a hotel so that a member of the opposite sex can inhabit it for the night (even if he/she was sleeping on the floor for the past two nights and you feel bad). It is not worth it trust me, have him/her continue to sleep on the floor while you keep the room to yourself instead of moving yourself to a room already inhabited by three other people. Oy.
Hope all five of you (or three who are still in the world of cyberspace) have a great summer and keep checking back, I will try to update at least once a week. Have fun reading and keep commenting.

3 Comments:

  • At 2:04 PM, Blogger Devorah said…

    Hey do you have any idea how I could find a ride into HASC from either Baltimore or New York? My cousin and his family work there and I would really love to be able to spend Shabbos with them. Any ideas?

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    you have regards from S.B. in UMBC. She would like to spend another shabbos sometime soon at your house.

     
  • At 12:55 AM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Sasson, go back and read the previous posts on this site, they should answer your question.
    Devorah, if you im me at this sn I can help you find a ride (or attempt to)
    And to S.B. come anytime (though I am not home right now).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home