Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Back to life as we know it

To me it is so funny how life moves on even when you feel like it is standing still. The summer is drifting by as I scramble to make summer plans which I doubt will ever happen. I am at peace with this for I feel that it means that my life is comfortable and enjoyable as it passes as only happy moments can, quickly. I am coming to terms with myself a battle that I have been waging and fighting my whole life. It is a slow process but I am starting to like myself as a whole, enjoying even the annoying parts or at least accepting them. I am trying to keep my eye on my goals but I am also giving myself room to breathe. I am learning to breathe, the right way. I am learning that breath can cure so many things. No I have not fallen off the deep end, I am still as zany and dreamy as ever. I am still practical and cynical. I am cautious and nervous and a jumble of many other emotions and feelings. But that is ok (most of the time). Wow, I sound like a psyc ward patient. I am sorry if I am coming off as a few marbles short but I really think that coming to terms with yourself is something that is so underrated. There are a lot of parts of mental health (even for us normal people) that is not given its importance. Every one has struggles (I know most people share them with me minutes after meeting me), we all have demons but I don't think that we all deal with them. We deny them, we think if we admit them we will be admitting that we are not perfect, that we are abnormal. We think if we grapple to long with them, people will find out and brand us. So we all live within ourselves and build wall around our minds and hearts and our problems. We repress and we conceal but we don't try and deal. Then we move on perhaps letting some one passed our defences but usually not, usually we only let people half way throught the door then we put the gate up. Even people close to us, parents (cause they would not understand), siblings (because they have their own lives to live), spouses (because they would not love us if they knew us totally) and children (because they would think us weak and not respect us) do not get all the way in (most of the time). And we let our demons wallow with in us until we either break or let them become us, blaming human nature or frustration. This is a real issue...
And I don't remember how this rant started, but I have to run so I will try to muddle through my words and finish this later.

15 Comments:

  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BRAVO!

     
  • At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Flairrah, go! I'm impressed, girlie!

     
  • At 7:18 PM, Blogger Karl said…

    This is so true. People get caught up with the 24/7/365 'rat-race' of life, and don't stop to understand and be themselves. I'm sure thats what Shabbos is for, or for those in the secular world, a vacation.

    You dont sound like a phyc ward patient - you sound human, not the sugar coated perfection that we are fed from all angles. (Not that I don't beleive you are perfect!)
    "coming to terms with yourself is something that is so underrated"
    Understatment of the month! As I've said before somewhere, on a similar topic, I think people are afraid of meeting their real self and prefer to put up a front, rather than finding out what makes them tick, and dealing with it.
    Mnuchas hanefesh/inner peace is probably the most important thing in life. I'm pleased your finding yours.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Too long, but I read every other word.
    You gotta read it to me sometime.

     
  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Thanks for all the advice y'all

     
  • At 4:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    :-(
    Sorry to have upset you.

     
  • At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow....Did you borrow someone's tinfoil hat and read my mind? You said everything I believe, just better than I would have said it. I wish I could be as honest with myself as that all the time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home