Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Monday, August 08, 2005

Fire escapes

I find fire escapes very romantic, my friend thinks I am crazy (and that they are uncomfortable-what that has to do with anything I am not sure) but I find them very cool. Especailly the ones with the decrotive iron on old fashioned apartment buildings. Which reminds me of another think I love, old apartment buildings. Especially the ones with drapes in the window, that move in the breeze. There is something so old fashioned and simple about drapes blowing out an open window. Call me crazy but this is one of the reasons I love Manhattan. I love the old and the new next to each other. I love the little cafes, and the corner stores. I love the starbucks and the gaps on every corner. I love time square and the upper west side, the lower east side and soho. I love skyscrapers and brownstones. I love wandering around the streets that you really can't get lost in. The city is so full of attitude and charm. Noisy streets and quite corners.
side note: I am getting my laptop tomorrow, yay.

10 Comments:

  • At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what do you feel about washington heights?

     
  • At 6:25 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    anon- honestly, I am scared to death of the heights.
    leati, you are too cute.

     
  • At 11:32 AM, Blogger flairrah said…

    cause it is scary.

     
  • At 12:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    have you ever gone to visit

     
  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    yes actually, and must come again but for the moment I still hold that it is scary.

     
  • At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    if you had to compare yourself to a tv show character or movie character, both in terms of looks and personality, whom would it be?

     
  • At 2:40 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    well, I am told I look a bit like the mother on the gilmore girls (but I don't see it at all so don't even try to picture me like that), I don't think I look like any movie or tv stars but who does really. Personality wise I wish I resembled the mother in the gilmore girls or maybe grace on will and grace, but in truth I am more grounded and less funny.
    btw where are all these questions coming from all of the sudden,it is changing the whole blog medium...shoot I need to update my paper from last semester.

     
  • At 9:56 PM, Blogger Penniless Parenting said…

    I'm flairrahs friend and she has cool people checking out her blog and its not fair and I get jealous so you people can check out my blog too (only I warn you, its not quite as interesting...)

    And just so this isnt a plug, I'll say that I agree that flairrah really actually does look somewhat like lorelai gilmore, except a little more curly... (Or is that too much private info?)

    Not everyone has to look like a celeb. I always wished and pretended I looked like katie holmes from dawsons creek, but I really don't.

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hey flai, miss ya 'round here. what's up? if your on vacation, don't stop to blog, if its a guy, all the better, right? take care and keep us updated

     
  • At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I know what you mean about the Heights, wouldnt move back there too soon, it is kinda scarey!
    Proudtante

     

Post a Comment

<< Home