Flairrah

Disclaimer: Don't believe everything you read here, for it is a woman's prerogative to change her mind.

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Off to the Holy Land

Ok, so HASC really isn't the Holy Land but don't tell that to my mom. Tom. morning (actually in about six hours) I will be heading to NY then Friday morning I am off to HASC. I am really excited and really nervous and in a lot of ways scared out of my mind. I mean this summer has so many new challenges I don't know if I am up for it. I am sure when I get in to the swing of it though I will end up having another wonderful summer.
In prep for my journey in to the mountains I went to get my eyebrows done today. I am laying on the eyebrow waxing chair cringing in necessary pain when the manicurists/waxer says to me in broken English "why aren't you married?". I said and I quote "what?" "Your sister" she says "Is twin and she is married a long time, why you not married?" Nothing shocks me these days but this floored me (ok not quite but if I wasn't lying down at the time I would have prob. ended up on the floor.
So, in my haste to pack and get myself together I have no clue what I am bring to camp. I know I will end up up there with out a toothbrush or shower shoes (no I remember packing those). Either that or ten pairs of shoes I will never wear. Though I did manage to fill two duffles and a suitcase with something (not to mention the small bag holding my blanket and my purse which might as well be carry on luggage (ok it is not that big). And I have to figure out how to get my suitcase and my small bag up to the heights (my mother likes to refer to it as X) on the subway. If I manage this I think I will deserve a drink (of diet Pepsi).
This could be my last post for a while because although there is usually online hook up in camp it is really hard to actually get online (unless you are up at some crazy hour which I might be). Leave messages anyway I will be back to check and maybe tell y'all what is going in my crazy life.

Have a great summer y'all. Enjoy the beautiful weather even if you aren't on vacation.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:36 AM, Blogger Natan said…

    Why its great to be a guy:

    1) You only have to pack one 'outfit' known as a suit
    2) You only bring three or four pairs of shoes to camp: shabbos shoes, sneakers, and sandals (and sometimes nice weekday shoes)

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yes, these are the times it's easier to be a guy... (frustrations with overweight luggage, argh!!!!!! b''H it's worked out now)

     
  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger flairrah said…

    Hey no polo shirts, I hear they are vital.
    Oy, packing is one of those times I almost wish I were male, almost but not quite.

     
  • At 10:29 PM, Blogger Natan said…

    Oh, so you want me to start making lists about why its better to be a guy? ;) Nah, Hashem made us all perfect, so its all good.

    Have fun in HASC, and just remember that camp Aishel rocks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home